Salmon is a weekly household favorite in the Guerra casa, and besides all the great health benefits of eating salmon (omega 3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin B12 and D), it just taste flipping awesome... when cooked right. There are many different way to cooking salmon, in which you have to be very careful because you could easily over cook your salmon and dry it out.
I mean salmon is delicious and all, but no one wants to eat anything, especially fish, that is so dry it sucks out all the moisture from your mouth. Salmon that is properly cooked should be flaky and buttery... and when I say buttery, it should feel smooth in your mouth when you bite into it, not dry and bark-like. And what gives the salmon that buttery taste and feel is... no it's not butter... its actually cooking the salmon to medium well which generally takes about 11-12 minutes.
So since there are so many different ways to cooking salmon, here is my EASY, foolproof, 11... Yes 11 MINUTE salmon that you CAN'T mess up! Seriously, it's really impossible to mess this technique up, that's how simple and easy it is... not to mention quick too, for you busy mothers!
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Meanwhile, clean and pat salmon dry; I like to dry my meat before seasoning and cooking to get rid of the excess moisture.
- Season your salmon with your favorite seasonings.
- In a large skillet melt some butter on medium heat. I used about 1 tablespoon butter for the size of my salmon fillet.
- Place salmon skin side down (even if skin is removed), and sear until the bottom of the salmon has turned opaque pink, about 1/4 of the way.
- Transfer salmon, and the leftover butter into a baking dish, and place on the top rack in the oven. The rack should be at least 7 inches below the broiler coils.
- Broil for 11 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Cover and let it sit for 1 minutes before serving.
Your salmon should come out a beautiful medium well done, and with the back of your fork or spoon it should flake apart effortlessly!
So as always, give this a try and let me know how you like it!